Sunday 16 October 2011

1st day potty training with L.A

Today, we started training potty. Today is the first day. After her afternoon nap ended up approximately at 4pm, I told L.A that we are taking off the diaper, and introduced her to the potty. I told her to let me know if she wants to pee or poop.


In the beginning, she was very excited and was  playing with the potty. She thought it was another new toy. I let her sat at the potty for a few times; just to be sure she is comfortable sitting in it.

Every half an hour, I will take out the pant, and explain to her on why I was doing it. I placed her in the potty. After trying out for few times, I realized that she is not comfortable with the potty. She preferred to release the pee and poop in the toilet instead.


So, with that understanding in mind, I brought her to the toilet every half an hour. To my amazement, each time when we visited the toilet, she actually peed. To encourage her achievement, I clapped, praised and celebrate her successes with positive words of reinforcement, and tons of hugs and kisses.


She had mini accidents though. I called it mini accidents because the quantity of the pee was so little that I don't need to clean up the floor. I just replaced her pant with a new one.

When hubby returned home, I told him everything. From the look of his face, I knew he is so proud of you, L.A.


Dee, mummy and daddy is so proud of you, tonight.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...